Saturday, August 9, 2014

Local Box 8/7/14 - Vegan Greenling Mealplan



i think i'm addicted to boxes that arrive at my door with surprise contents. it thrills me like no other

clothes, food, veggies....

so here's the deliciousness for the week:

Peaches (oh joy!)
Figs (oh double joy!)
Microgreens
Baby Lettuce
Slicing Cucumber
Persian Limes
Jalapeno Peppers
Garlic Chives
Yellow Onion
Beets

Last month I attended the Telluride Yoga Festival - one of the classes I took was an Ayurvedic class.  If you don't know, Ayurveda is an ancient Indian medical system.  Google it. I've always been fascinated, and I really dug the teacher, Pamela Quinn, her website is Elemental Om - so basically, I'm on an ayurveda kick, and focusing all my cooking and eating on the principals of Ayurveda - read on...

I'm so thrilled to get peaches & figs- my fave summer fruits.
I already at a peach and a fig in my morning granola and coconut yogurt.



I also plan to make this Peach-Cardamom breakfast Smoothie 

Cucumbers - this Cucumber Raita looks very good and cooling for all the curried dishes I plan to make. I will just substitute with coconut yogurt.

Jalapenos - so excited for these beautys - I was making a batch of black beans when the box arrived so one of those babies made it into the final 30 minutes of cooking.

Beets - Roasted Beet Quinoa Salad -looks super good

Lettuce and Microgreens - I will eat a salad or two this week, Ayurveda prinicples generally prefer cooked food, but a salad can be eaten as long as you have some more grounding foods in it, such as beans, nuts, dried fruit, maybe some blanched vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment