Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Eggplant dip & more

Holy moly - this dip was divine - Roasted Eggplant Almond Dip from my old fave Fat Free Vegan. So easy too. I brought this to the pot luck and had some left over that i ate for two days over quinoa and the roasted veggies below!


So below is pretty much everything else from the box, Potatoes, the other Eggplant, the Leeks, the cute lil Red Onions and the Yellow Squash, along with a carrot I added.  Tossed with the Orange Coconut Oil mentioned in the last post, salt and then roasted to delicious perfection!

I forgot to mentino the fresh Oregano in the last post - I haven't used it yet and it still looks good so I'm going to make some kind of dressing such as this one  (found on the big no-oil list of salad dressings online) and of course use more fresh than dried!


Dr. Fuhrman's Almond Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serves: 6 
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup roasted garlic rice vinegar (I used plain rice vinegar)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup raw almonds or 1/8 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup raisins
4 cloves garlic, pressed (I used 3)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Blend all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment