Sunday, January 11, 2015

Local Box 1/8/15 - Vegan Greenling Meal Plan - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year folks!

I got caught up in the holidaze and didn't ever do a follow up post on the last box, let me tell you though, it was all just yummy ok? Ok.

Here's what I got in the first box of 2015!



Collard Greens
Mixed Beets
Arugula
Key Limes
Salad Mix
Spring Onions
Garlic Chives
Sunchokes
Grapefruit
Apples
Watermelon Radishes
Purple Turnips

So for kicks and to change things up a bit, i'm following a 21 Day raw challenge from Fullyraw Kristina.  She's a youtouber fully raw vegan who is super animated and energetic and pretty fun to watch.  Her challenge started Jan 5th and it introduces one raw meal a day, so you don't have to go 100%, just one meal a day to check it out. It's fun and delicious and I've been getting into it and eating raw for some of the other meals too! It really is fun to challenge yourself and switch up the routine like this, and honestly, i feel great.

Collard Greens will go ito raw burritos and raw veggie wraps

Beets - smoothies and grated into salads

Arugula - salads, and they are in those burritos

Key Limes - always using lime juice in the sauces

Salad Mix - ummmm salads

Spring Onions - Kristina uses these a lot in her sauces for so much flavor

Sunchokes - i think these can be raw, i looked up some recipes and often the are mixed with Apples in a salad, i didn't care for the ones I found so I may make something up!  Last time I had these I roasted them and you know , that was good too :)

Grapefruit - smoothie, or i found this ayurvedic recipe for it with Honey, Ginger & Cardamom, and I can just use agave instead of honey

Watermelon Radishes - BIG SALADS

Turnips - apparantly these can be eaten raw too, who'd have thought? I'll let you know next post - but i do so love these baked with sweet potato so I'll see what i feel



1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the Bee Free Honey? It's made from apples, I love it.

    ReplyDelete