Friday, January 23, 2015

Local Box 1/22/15 - Vegan Greenling Meal Plan

I'm still gettting really into eating about 80% Raw right now- it's so much fun to explore

so this weeks delights: (box shows kholrabi that came in some box, i got kale instead)




Lettuce
Chinese Celery
French Sorrel
Pea Shoots
Cabbage
Red Kale
Butternut Squash
Turnips w/tops
Myer Lemon
Oranges


So of course Salads with the Lettuce, Cabbage, Sorrel & Pea Shoots

Also maybe this Lemony Green Sorrel Smoothie

and I'm kinda into this Pea Shoot & Pear Green Smoothie

Kale - a kale salad, i've never had the red Kale, will try in a smoothie too

Chinese Celery. This is a new one to me, it looks a bit like Italian parsley on the leaves and there is no thick stalk like traditional celery. I took a bite and it was quite strong, I don't think I would want it raw. Research shows it's added to soups and stir fries for flavor.  A noodle soup sounds good

Oranges - I'm kind of obsessed with smoothies made with Orange, Spinach & Basil

Butternut Squash - I have not made a butternut sqash soup yet this season! must do




No comments:

Post a Comment