Monday, March 16, 2015

Vegan Greenling Meals - Local Box 3/9/15

Hi gang - it's been AGES since I posted - I've been all consumed by packing and moving to my new house, and my new delivery day of Mondays!

I got my first box last week - so exciting - and perfect timing, my fridge was bare, I had been existing on packaged food and take out during all the upheaval.

Also I've decided to add onto this blog and post about other local vegan eats, new products, surprise vegan items at local restaurants ect...

back to business - here are the box contents:

Lettuce
Rainbow Carrots
Cauliflower
Parsley
Turnips
Avocado
Grapefruit
Green Onions
Green Garlic
Collard Greens

seeing as I've had the box for a week i've already made a bunch of yummy stuff

Salad, with Rainbow carrots, and avocado and apples.



another salad with carrots and a few raw cauliflower florets



Cauliflower:
I made a Cauliflower rissoto with half of it - you put the cauliflower in the food processor till it's the consistency of rice adn then saute with garli, ocnion and ad some broth and other things and simmer till soft, soooo tasty


Than I used the other half with the turnips to make Clauliflower/Turnip mash. Steamed them up then mash in the food processor, add Earth Balance, salt pepper, splash of plant milk and some nutritional yeast, so delicious.



Green Onions - i have been using these chopped up on everything this week, tacos, salads, lentil soup...

I want to make wraps with the Collard Greens.


No comments:

Post a Comment