Monday, March 23, 2015

Vegan Greenling Meals - Local Box 3/23/15

i love the bounty of a new box full of beautiful fruit & veggies!




Here's what came today:

Heirloom Garlic
Oregano
Grapefruit
Fennel
Sweet Potatoes
Microgreens
Swiss Chard
Watermelon Radish
Green Leaf Lettuce
Brussells Sprouts

Except i can't actually see any brussel sprouts, well except extremely tiny ones, like the beginnings of ones, so honestly, I'm not sure what to do.... I will investigate further and see

here's what it looks like!



Heirloom Garlic - well, they are so beautiful, and purple. I'm probably just gonna saute them with something, onions, tomatoes, beans, and make tacos, or scratch the beans and make a pasta sauce. with the Oregano too!
Could also use the garlic with the Swiss Chard 

I will also use the aromatic Oregano in a salad dressing to top the Lettuce and Micro Greens

Sweet Potatoes - I just eat them all the time - lately i've been steaming them and mashing up and putting in tacos, or roasting and eating as home fries.

Fennel - I haven't decided yet - but I found this great list of Top Ten Vegan & Vegetarian Fennel Recipes - so one of those fo sho


Meanwhile - here is what I did with the Collard Greens from last box - beautiful almost raw wraps that I shared with my dear friend Rochelle after some yoga and talk:


I steamed the leaves a little to get them softer, then made this Sweet Ginger Dressing - and we filled them with bell peppers, grated carrots, cucumbers, spiralized beets, red cabbage, avocado & Nutritional Yeast and they were nothing short of incredible!






No comments:

Post a Comment