Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Local Box 12/22/14 - Vegan Greenling Meal Plan Christmas Edition!

Because my delivery day happens to fall on Christmas Day - I got my box a few days early this week! Perfect, just in time for holiday cooking!

just a quick rundown of what I made from last box:

I did try collard wraps, steamed the collards a bit to get them soft then wrapped up hummus and cucumber, it was good but messy
I also sauteed some collard with onion, vinegar and nooch

Roasted potato and turnip & Buttenut -  made a batch and ate it with a few meals, such as mixing it with quinoa, and black lentils.

here is the salad with the vegan ceasar & the ranibow carrots.

Used a couple of the potaoes to make this potato casserole in the slow cooke frm The Vegan Slow Cooker cookbook.  It was kind of like scalloped potatoes!


Ok onto this box:



Apples
Watermelon Radish
Broccoli
Baby Spinach
Red Mustard Greens
Kumquats
Avocados
Beka Santoh
Sorrel
Lettuce

Lot's of ideas!

I found a recipe for a Strawberry Sorrel smoothie and already tried that this morning - it's cute the the website shows a pretty soft pink smoothie because of course with the greens and strawberry mix it was actually kind of murky brown/green.
I used almond milk and no stevia or ice as I don't like stevia nor too cold smoothies.  However still it tasted too light and springy for this chilly blustery second day of witner, so i added some almond butter and cinnamon to kind of ground it and get it more earthy and warm and then it was really perfect!

Tomorrow i will try this Kumquat Apple Ginger Green smoothie!

Avocados could go in a salad but my son today requested an old fave - toast spread with avocado, topped with sea salt and red onion. He declared he wanted it every day now so there goes all the avocado

Beka Santoh - my research shows it's a light asian cabbage, it looks very tasty and fresh and can't wait to try it in a salad with the lettuce and maybe sorrel.

Mustard Greens - I'm trying to just try sauteeing simply most of the hearty greens I get, I used to be more into recipes for greens but find its easiest and actually tastiest to saute with onion or garlic and a bit of vinegar.

Watermelon Radish - I promised a kale salad to Christmas lunch so look at this Kale Detox salad that has watermelon radish and apple....

Broccoli - steamed and plain, my fave

Spinach, probably in that Kumquat smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment