Sunday, April 21, 2013

Local Box 4/18/13 - Vegan Greenling meal plan

this box was heavy!

Live Thyme Plant
Arugula
Lettuce
Kale
Fennel
Salad Mix
Oranges
Grapefruit
Baby Carrots
Turnips

I really want to try to use the thyme here and there, intuitively, in things. we shall see

But I can use thyme AND carrots in this Thyme-Marinated Carrots

Kale - i always want to use kale in smoothies - but i'm kind of craving a "bowl" - like the ones in Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Basically a grain, steamed veggies and a sauce. I am liking the sound of Mexicana Kale Bowl - brown rice, black beans, steamed kale, steamed sweet potato with Red Velvet Mole

Arugula and Lettuce - Salads - But I think i will use most of the Arugula in Curried Scrambled Tofu with Wilted Arugula, also from Appetite for Reduction

Orange - I am dying to make these Orange Scones from Skinny Bitch - Utimate Everyday Cookbook by Kim Barnouin


Fennel - I've made this before - Fingerling Potatoes and Fennel - and it was so good, simple and i love potatoes.
Also this Carrot and Fennel Soup looks easy and tasty and uses the Carrots, yes! we shall see.... 

Turnip - I got so over turnips a couple of months ago when i kept getting so many, but i was just roasting them, I think i will try this Chickpea Curry with Turnips!

check this out, I made a super delicious smoothie for breakfast this morning with an orange, a grapefruit, almond milk, banana, frozen mango, cashews, goji berries and kale  - and i enjoyed it with a lovely mug of strawberry green tea

1 comment: