Monday, March 11, 2013

Local Box 3/7/13 - Vegan Greenling Meal Plan

Hello folks, so this two weeks are budget week. I'm trying to shop as little as possible and see what I can make from what I already have. I have a pretty well stocked pantry, but I often feel a lot of pressure from my massive stockpile of cookbooks, and even from writing this blog, to make new and appealing looking recipes each week.  I will definitely still do that, it's a joy of mine as well, but let's see how this goes.

Here are the box contents:

Spinach
Broccoli
Winter Salad Mix
Fennel
Herbs (dill)
Red Leaf Lettuce
Red Radish
Beets
Orange 
Grapefruit

I actually have already used most of the spinach - here I used it in some left over pasta from Bucca di Beppo. The "side" of whole wheat penne marinara was gigantic of course, so the next night i warmed it up, added chopped spinach and defrosted frozen peas, and it was 10x better than it was in the restaurant.



I've also been using the spinach in my morning smoothies, I made an amazing one this morning that also used grapefruit! here's the recipe - Almond milk, half a banana, grapefruit, half an apple, half a cup of frozen mango, a teaspoon of Maca powder, 12 cashews, spinach.
I also used the oranges in smoothies, but I added Cacao powder, and chia and no cashews.  mmmm chocolate orange. 

Broccoli - I have some russet potatoes, on sale at one of my grocery stores, so I'm going to make the cheezy sauce from Forks Over Knives and have broccoli cheezy potatoes

Winter Salad Mix, Red Leaf Lettuce and Red Radish will go in salads! I made an amazing salad dresssing calld Chef AJ's house dressing, google it. You will thank me. I want to eat salads 3 times a day. Except i added Dill to it. Delish

Fennel & Beet - I will roast, I actually have a couple of Turnips left from a few boxes ago, they seem to last almost forever, so will throw those in too, and have a nice roasted root veg side dish. 

Dill - I may scour the grocery store sale flyers and find some small potatoes on sale and make a potato salad.  Like this amazing looking Creamy Dill Potato Salad


No comments:

Post a Comment