Thursday, January 27, 2011

Great Greens! Greenling Local Box 1/27/11

Here are the contents of my Greenling box for 1/17/11 & my intended meal plan!

Mustard Greens
Broccoli – Texas Daily Harvest
Red Leaf Lettuce
A big ole bag of Arugula
Red Kale
Napa Cabbage
White Mushrooms – Acadian
3 Yellow Onions – Naegelin
A Grapefruit
3 Tangerines

so yeah, i'm scared of the mustard greens - just cos they are totally new an alien - but i found two possible recipes, just haven't decided yet.
The first one also happened to be one of the ones suggested by Greenling in the sheet that came with the box!
Balsamic-Glazed Chickpeas & Mustard Greens  - FatFree Vegan Kitchen is becoming one of my fave recipe sites! I love how she just invents such creative & nutritious yummy recipe.
But i'm also tempted by the ease of this Mustard Greens, Mushroom & Yellow Pepper recipe - it would use the box's mushrooms & i have a yellow bell pepper in the fridge. 
My main problem with side dishes like this though is that i don't usually have any main course planned, i'm kind of a one pot dish girl at this stage

It's still cold outside & i'm into soups & bread so I'm gonna make Rustic Red Kale & White Bean Soup

I also want to make vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup frm this months Veg News Magazine but don't be surprised i just end up stir frying it with something else!

I feel like cooking the arugula even tho normally i would use it raw in a salad, and i like to do at least one pasta recip a week in the hopes that the kids might like it, so i'm going to attempt Pistachio Arugula Pesto w/Penne & Sauteed Broccolini - it's a little fancy!

The Napa Cabbage! - so many options, i'm tempted to try some kind of wrap or roll, spring rolls.
Or a good old Stir Fry - Stir Fried Napa Cabbage - looks easy peasy

I'm going to use the Grapefruit for breakfast in Rip's Big Bowl my current obsession breakast!

ok see you next post, post cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment