Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Persimmon Smoothie & more...

I tried to look up some persimmon recipes and frankly just felt lazy about it all - so I revitalized my smoothies from last fall, using the apples too! - just tweaked slightly:

Almond milk, banana, persimmon, apple, almond butter, spinach, cinnamon, cardamom, chia.


Butternut Squash -  I used one of them in this delicious squash curry recipe that I got from Natural Epicurian - basically, squash, sweet potato, tomato, leek, curry spices.  so so so good.



I used the other one just mega roasted, skin on, with coconut oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dash of cinnamon.  I think I could eat a whole squash in one sitting.



Black Eyed Peas - yes, i made this very tasty Hoppin' John from the Vegetarian Times cookbook, it has tempeh in it too.



I served it with rice and a dollop of the Dill & Chive Cashew Cheese which i have eaten also just spread on a rice cake and kind of on anything - like the steamed Baby Chard & Collard Mix




No comments:

Post a Comment