Friday, September 19, 2014

Local Box 9/18/14 - Vegan Greenling Meal Plan

I didn't get a chance to post what I made from the last box so here's a couple of quickies:


As promised, here is Drizzle munching on some sunflower sprouts:


Basically i did just use the various vegetables in different Kicharis.  The beans, hon tsai tsai, potatoes, and yellow squash, here is the beginning of one about to cook


Ok, so here's this weeks Stuff:


Squash Blossoms
Microgreens
Eggplant
Baby Lettuce
Garlic Chives
Spearmint
Zuchhini
Corn
Asian Pears
Potatoes

Well I've never had squash blossoms before - i know they are often used in Mexico in quesadillas and stuff, but I found this recipe that uses the Potatoes also!  Potato Stuffed Squash Blossoms

Eggplant - this Egglant & Chickpea Curry seems right up me recent Indian Food Alley

I recently put some fresh corn kernals in a Lentil Coconut Curry from my Blissful Bites by Christy Morgan cookbook.  I may make it again because it was AMAZING but she also had a red lentil soup recipe that called for fresh corn kernals, so yeah, that too

I may make this Mint Dal and/or this Coconut Mint Chutney

Salads galore!


No comments:

Post a Comment