Thursday, January 23, 2014

Rad-icchio


So I was cleaning out my fridge this morning in anticipation of my new delivery box this eve, and I discovered I had totally forgotten the radicchio from last weeks box!  It looked like it was still good, but I knew I had to use it today, or lose it.  
The stove was still hot from making some sweet potatoes, so I decided I would just try roasting it with a little bit of olive oil and salt.  So I washed the leaves and spread them out on some parchment paper on a baking tray, drizzled the olive oil, and then put of the corner of my eye I spotted the salt cellar  and gourmet salt that I got for Christmas from my ex husband and his wife.  This particular salt is Ghost Pepper salt.  You know how I love things spicy!  So I used that, stuck it in the oven, waited maybe 15 minutes and then checked on my experiment

Not bad.  A little odd. But tasty, like delicate crispy flaky spicy things that dissolve in your mouth.  



No comments:

Post a Comment