Thursday, May 16, 2013

Local Box 5/16/13 - Vegan Greenling Meal Plan

sorry there weren't two posts for the last box, but by the time i posted the contents I had already used most of it!
I'm being on time now, check it!

Kale
Red & Yukon Potatoes
Green Kohlrabi
Mangos
Collard Greens
Spearmint Plant
Lettuce
Strawberries
Carrots
Green Onions

So tonight I'm going to make a basic Kale salad - massaged leaves with avocado, carrot, green onion, lemon juice, and maybe I will dd some diced mango or strawberries!

Also I am going to make Herbed Home Fries from Happy Herbivore cookbook with the potatoes. 

Kohlrabi - i may try to steam it this time, i bought an interesting salt free seasoning at Penzey's the other day that i have yet to try, it may be good on this

Collard Greens - if they don't just end up in smoothies, I'm going to make this Collard Greens with Lentils, Tomatos & Indian Spices because i have a bag of red lentils sitting around in my pantry and it looks amazing and easy

if you know me and my blog at all, you know that when ever i get mint i make the Mint Goddess dressing from Blissful Bites - not sure if Spearmint is the same but I'm going to do it anyway!

So that dressing will go on my lettuce for my salads - and that is that folks!

here's a kohlrabi for your entertainment



No comments:

Post a Comment