Friday, November 30, 2012

Radishing...


I had so much fun shopping for the ingredients we needed, and cooking with my son Gabe, I wish i had taken a picture of him in the kitchen but we were so immeresed in chopping and stuff that it never happened!
And we still need to make the butternut squash kidney bean stew!

check out this gorgeous Salad with Aurgula, Lettuce and the Watermelon Radish - it had a dressing using avocado and orange juice - for the life of me i cannot find it online again! It called for macadamia nuts which i didn't have so I used some pecans and some pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc and zinc absorption is aided by citrus so I thought it would be a good combo!



Here is the carrot turnip soup - this was in the slow cooker from the cook book "Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker" cookbook - it was a little heavy on the rosemary, maybe because some of the little leaves feel off and so actually got in the blender when transferred the soup to it.  but nonetheless tasty and so healthy it makes my head spin.


Pasta Con Broccoli - doesn't look too pretty, but we made it for my parents and they liked it!





No comments:

Post a Comment