Friday, November 16, 2012

Local Box 11/15/12 - Vegan Greenling Meal Plan

this box is really delightful!

Here are the contents:

Juliette Tomatoes - they look like slightly bigger grape tomatoes, I bet i eat most of these just straight from the container
Broccoli
Arugula
Buttercrunch Lettuce
Yellow Wax Beans
Cilantro
Watermelon Radish bunch
Carrot Bunch
Butternut Squash
Oranges

Today I'm enlisting my son Gabe to pick recipes! With Appetite for Reduction  By Isa Chandra Moskowitz in hand, he is busily looking through the index using the recipe list - these are his picks!

Curried Scrambled Tofu with Wilted Arugula - yummm

 Pasta Con Broccoli - a basic whole wheat pasta dish that my kids will like

Kidney Bean & Butternut Jamba Stew - kind of like a butternut jambalaya

Edamame Pesto with Cilantro

Wild Rice Salad with Oranges and Roasted Beets

Thanks Gabe!

The carrots I'm going to use in a Soup with the Japanese turnips from the last box

Lettuce = salad as usual

Watermelon Radish - last year at this time I made a really good salad with these for thanksgiving - looks like I will be doing that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment