Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fall-ing! Greenling box 11/17/11

A good fall fill box this week!

Baby lettuce bag
Basil bunch
Purslane
Radishes
Asian pears
Grapefruit
Butternut squash
Apples
Sweet potato
Sweet yellow onion

Well as it's thanksgiving week I'm going to try and make a bunch of recipes for thanksgiving! I just got a brand new cookbook called Vegan Holiday Kitchen by Nava Atlas! So these recipes will all be from there.


Lettuce I will, use with pears in Mixed Baby Greens with pears & Glazed Pecans

Apple and onion will go in Walnut-Apple Stuffing.

Sweet potatoes sound amazing in Maple-Pecan Sweet Potatoes.

I'm tempted to use the butternut squash as a pie, like pumpkin but using butternut instead! The recipe in the book lists it as a substitute.

I love thanksgivingy food. I may make them all the rest of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment