Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Local Box 2/6/14 Vegan Greenling Meals -


these two weeks flew by and another box is coming thursday so I neeeed to get this out there :)

this is what i got:

Lettuce
Microgreens
Spinach
Kohlrabi
Valencia Oranges
Persian Limes
Rainbow Carrots
Turnips with Tops
Butternut Squash

I was super bad at taking photos this week but here is a fab salad i made with the lettuce, carrots, microgeens, and I made a dressing with cashews and lime juice

I used the spinach sauted with garlic and onion in pasta

the Oranges went in some fab green smoothies for breakfast

I chopped up the butternut squash and roasted them with a bit of olive oil with the carrots too, intending to make a soup but i ended up just eating them because - delicious

i still have the turnips and want to make this Chickpea & Turnip Ethiopian Stew

Also still have Kohlrabi! and i like the look of this Sauteed Kale with Kholrabi - it uses limes too

No comments:

Post a Comment