Sunday, June 2, 2013

Local Box 5/30/13 - Vegan Greenling Meal Plan

oh joy - PEACHES! I read in the paper how our local peach crop has suffered this year due to the weather, late frosts and stuff, so i was soooo glad to have them in my box this week!

Here are the contents:

Peaches
Yellow Beans
Swiss Chard
Garlic Chives
Carrots
Radicchio
Grapefruit
Beets
Sweet yellow onion

Peaches - smoothies, cereal, maybe grilled, it's time to get the grill going

Yellow Beans - Garlic Yellow Beans - delish looking

I'm craving pizza lately, I literally can't stop thinking about it. So I found these two recipes - one for Radicchio pizza with Truffle Oil from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet - and another for Caramelized Onion and wilted Swiss Chard pizza

Beets & Carrots - I may roast and snack on,  and use in smoothies

here's a radicchio for your entertainment


Collards - i've already used them in smoothies
Grapefruit also!
Garlic Chives - these are the wild card, we shall see where they end up


No comments:

Post a Comment