Friday, December 21, 2012

It's so easy being green

Glorious greens - they are so healthful and amazing.
I get in a rut when i buy my own, i buy baby spinach, and kale varieties, and that's about it. So it was a welcome change to switch it up

I did try some mustard greens and some chard in my morning smoothies, they went down well!

Here is a salad I made with the mixed salad greens, topped with ths slicing tomatoes. I dressed it with a Sesame citrus dressing from the Appetite for Reduction cookbook


I used my Wild About Greens cookbook for a couple more delectable recipes

First was Citrus Braised Mustard Greens with Apple & Pine Nuts - I used the orange & orange zest from the local box too. Very tasty but Mustard Greens are very sharp, the kids didn't go for it. I ate it with some delicious mashed potatoes and ended up mixing it all up together on my plate and eating it like that.


Next was Chard with Brussel Sprouts and Red pepper - this was so good. I ate it with some red and white lima beans or some kidn of bean i found at wholefoods.

Last night I invited my brother Fernando over for dinner, he's really committing to plant based eating so I wanted to share some different foods

I made the Oven Roast Sunchokes - and we ate them up from a bowl as an appetizer, so good (i forgot to take a pic, or maybe Ferndando at them up too fast)

Then I made the Curried Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup from Fat Free Vegan - huge success, a little spicy, perfect, even my son liked it!



1 comment:

  1. heh. you filled Fernando's belly so full that he looks a wee bit sleepy! ;)

    Sounds great, N. I was also wondering what to do with so many greens. They don't all work in salads. I'm making a "creamed" spinach. I'll let you know how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete